Quality Management:Quality manual/Work instructions/Release Note
All software releases must have a release note. The format below may be used. The release note must at least have the following informations stated:
- Project name / Product name
- Date of release
- Name of responsible release engineer
- Release category: Describe the target for the release e.g.: Bi-weekly development, Alpha, Beta, Production, Error correction].
- Changes in release: with references to development requirements and/or bug trace references.
- Dependencies: E.g. if special database version is needed or special configuration is needed.
- Test requirements: Information about what tests has been executed and what remains. Reference to test documentation. Requirements to test environment.
- Known issues.
- Target for next release: Reference to development requirements and/or bug trace references.
Further information that is also useful:
- Reason for the change / release
- Analysis of consequences: E.g. for the target organization. Needed update of documentation.
Example of release note are shown below:
File: releasenote.txt QA ref.: http://pmis.biz/wiki/QM:Quality_manual/Work_instructions/Release_Note RELEASE NOTE - <project name> project ================================================================================ Date: <date> Release category: [Options: Bi-weekly development, Alpha, Beta, Production, Error correction] Release engineer: <Name> ================================================================================ Changes in this release: <Reference> <Short description> ================================================================================ Dependencies: ================================================================================ Test requirements: ================================================================================ Known issues: Target for next release: ================================================================================ END of note.
|Version||Date||Author||Status||Purpose of update|
|1||25 Aug 2011||PSA||Draft||New document|
|2||13 Jan 2012||PSA||Final||Text review and minor corrections|
|3||31 May 2012||PSA||Final||Text revised and danish release note added|